It's been a week of morning and afternoon teas. And cake!

Today I went to High Tea at a city hotel with some friends for a school fundraiser. This was the room just as everyone arrived - doesn't it look wedding like?


I wore my pink floral Oscar skirt and a black wool top, opaques and black patent peeptoes.




My friend A. matched the decor in this fab pink silk dress and shoes that I thought were Valentino Bow shoes. They're not - they're local 'tributes' from Wittners. She has the best wardrobe from living in Asia (Singapore and Hong Kong) for 14 years.




It was my kind of High tea. High on the champagne, low on the actual tea. The food was good too.




Yesterday we had my Father and Sister over for afternoon tea for his birthday. I made this quince and Almond cake. It was delicious - I highly recommend the recipe. It went down nicely with more bubbles - local label "Bird in Hand" with drunken raspberries in the glasses.


Went to two Australia's Biggest Morning tea do's this week - it's a fundraiser thing for the Cancer Council this month (friends hosted them)... both just ended up being this week. Wore wool to one, the weather has definitely changed in Adelaide now. This is a poncho/ sweater cross thing. It's cashmere, some French brand I'd never heard of before and cost originally $495. It was reduced to $90 including shipping. Bargain! Super soft and warm and one of my favourite things to wear.


Lastly, renovation progress: We have some massive steel posts and beams up on the completed slab. You can get a bit of a feel for the scale of the rooms now, as the top of the posts are the ceiling height. This week they'll finish off the steel and start framing up all the timber. 






 Hope you had a good week xx

20 comments:

  1. That does look like a wedding! But I do adore a good afternoon high tea - sometimes those occasions are better than the standard supper or lunch. I also like breakfasty occasions as well. Love the cashmere knit - looks so tactile and soft - mind you we are still wearing that now! Envy the progress in your renos. Happy birthday to your Dad - another taurus! Have a great week xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree - always more fun than lunch or dinner. Somehow feels like more of a treat (probably because I try not to snack between meals.. but also all the cake!). I can't believe the weather in London at the moment, we're about the same temperatures as you!! xx

      Delete
  2. How scintillatingly glam! High tea here is like a sort of supper with proper food, I love Afternoon tea which is cake and bubbles - I can never say no!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, High tea is more meal like in the UK... here it's just a bigger version of Afternoon Tea. I've been to others where there is a ridiculous amount of food, this was a little lighter on it. Cake and bubbles are the best xx

      Delete
  3. Looks like a marvellous week. I love the Oscar skirt and your philosophy on the champagne! The extension is looking good too! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Busy week Charlotte! Overall not a great week either, but these were the nice bits. Extension is coming along - lots to do on it, so I have a busy month or so ahead. xx

      Delete
  4. How exciting to see your structure taking shape... It really is going to be so interesting watching each stage develope! I love your skirt Heidi and especially your Cashmere top and I'll be sure to try the recipe for the cake for your Dad when I get home! Jenny xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll love the recipe Jenny. It's a slightly strange one - I really had no idea if it would work out, but it does. The blog I found it on is French, and has lots of other great recipes. It is exciting to finally see the extension coming out of the ground! xx

      Delete
  5. I'm a huge fan of high tea and this one looks very glamorous! We have quince in the garden and this cake would be a good way to use the fruit in addition to making quince paste. Thanks for the recipe.
    PS The gorgeous cashmere poncho was what you call a real bargain!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a bit glam - everyone had frocked up for it. I love quinces - how lucky you are to have a whole tree in the garden. Sometimes you get lucky with the internet shopping Gods.... this was one of those times! xx

      Delete
  6. High teas are fun but I always tend to overindulge ......no discipline! Your outfit was lovely x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was the same - absolutely stuffed myself. Didn't have dinner to make up for it (sort of!)! xx

      Delete
  7. Oh you have corner steps formed up I spy! Gorgeous detail...such a sense of grandness that will create.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they'll be lovely - a great place to sit. They'll lead down to the lawn. xx

      Delete
  8. Your skirt looks fabulous- you have the nicest clothes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Deanne! I often don't post pics as I outfit repeat all the time!! x

      Delete
  9. That high tea does look very glam indeed! I must try to persuade our school to do something similar!
    The skirt looks amazing, and the cashmere too - perfect for the freezing weather we're having - Sydney is arctic in the morning. It was only 10 degrees today!!

    Congrats on the structure coming together. It must be so hard being patient!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's the first High Tea they've done - was a huge success and sold out. Can't believe how cold it is in Sydney!! It's been freezing in the morning when I'm doing the school run - lots of frost on the car. xx

      Delete
  10. What a glamorous looking event ...most of my son's school's fundraisers took place at night.. difficult after a long day

    Yes your house is coming together .very exciting !!! I like the steps going around the lawn they remind me of an ampitheatre .

    Sydney still not too cold in the middle of the day ..no frost where I live ..too close to the sea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must say most night things have everyone running for the door by 10pm... this one we lingered as we were all just going to end up at home in Dinner Mayhem, so were trying to avoid it!!
      Like the amphitheatre suggestion - it is a bit! Will have to get the kids to put on a few performances for us all!! xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Architect & Interior Designer. Mother of three. A sometimes Cook, Baker, Reader, Gardener, Fashion Lover, Renovator, Writer of random things in South Australia email me on anadelaidevilla@bigpond.com
Powered by Blogger.

Follow by Email

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

Things to read....

.