It's been a busy few weeks. I'm not sure why life can be relatively quiet most of the time, then we manage to pack in a bunch of trips away and social things all in the same month.


A few weekends ago, we had eight friends to dinner. This was our first 'big' Dinner Party in the house, and I certainly felt a little out of practice having had a 3 year hiatus between big Dinners.


I set the table using our Silver, and our usual Villeroy and Boch china. To dress it up a little I used our blue water glasses (also a wedding gift), and then we had to do the usual and run out to buy new wine glasses… the smash rate is rather high in our house and we could no longer accommodate more than 5 drinkers at any one time.



I used my white linen table cloth and napkins and decorated the table with lichen covered branches that I collected with the children during the week from my Dad's garden in Stirling. I borrowed the snow ball votives from my Mother in Law, as I thought they'd work well with the wintery theme. I love a lot of candles around when having people to dinner - it adds so much atmosphere, as well as hiding a multitude of sins decor wise (don't fret GSL - the lights were all suitably dimmed when the guests arrived!).





Dinner itself was mostly cooked (again) out of Ottolenhi's "Jerusalem" and "Ottolenghi" cookbooks. No entree (lots of different nibbles instead), and then I did three sides and two mains and set them out buffet style on our sideboard. The mains were the Saffron Honey Chicken with Hazelnuts and a slow roasted shoulder of lamb with Moroccan spices that I got the recipe from when attending an Outdoors on Parade cooking class last year. I have to say, I'm always amazed at how much people eat when they are faced with a buffet! There was pretty much nothing left over at the end of the night, the males all went back for seconds and piled their plates high. If I'd been plating up meals myself I'd have put half as much on there.



Chocolate tart was for dessert. I always do a mix of cooking and cheating when I entertain - who wants to make it too much work (although I do love to cook)? The tart was very easy -I bought the chocolate shortcrust pastry (Careme brand, which is a small South Australian pastry company that produces excellent pastry), made the filling from a Jamie Oliver recipe and decorated it with the sugared violets, white chocolate balls and chocolate straws all from Bottega Rotolo (local gourmet deli).



I find the Ottolenghi recipes work well as they can mostly be prepared in advance and then just combined at the last minute. It means that I don't end up spending much time in the kitchen, and do a lot more mingling with guests instead. It was a really fun night, and as we farewelled our guests at 1.30am and the Recycling bin clinked rather a lot when I dragged it out later in the week for the Rubbish truck, so I think you could say that a good time was had by all.



We were in Melbourne a couple of weekends ago and saw the Italian Masterpieces from the Museo del Prado exhibition at the NGV. There are five roomfuls of works by Titan, Correggio, Raphael, Tiepolo et al… as I don't get to travel to Europe much (at all, sadly) this is the next best thing. I also find the big museums overseas can be slightly overwhelming after a few hours- so many masterpieces that you start to get fatigue and not take it in. This was a large, but manageable exhibition.  So many wonderful paintings - I was particularly drawn to the latter period ones that were Grand Tour themed (a long running interest of mine). Definitely go to see it if you're able to.



Last weekend I went to a High Tea with some friends. I wore this black and white wool dress, which looks a bit Chanel like with the belt I matched with it (the belt is a very old Country Road one and has a camellia on it). The dress is from Oscar de la Renta, and was a recent purchase (second hand via Ebay) and an absolute bargain. A lot of people don't seem to wear their clothes much, particularly in the US it seems to me, and this dress is a good example of that. It looks immaculate, but was probably 1/10th of the original retail price by virtue of being worn maybe a handful of times. As it's a classic shape I can't imagine it going out of fashion too badly in the near future.



The guest speaker at the Tea party was Monique Bowley, who is a Blue Ribbon prize winning Baker at the Royal Adelaide Show, a former contestant on "The Great Australian Bake Off", President of the Adelaide Metropolitan CWA (Country Women's Association) branch (the largest branch in South Australia by virtue of it meeting at night so that women who work can join), a former Australian Basketballer, tireless Charity worker, and award winning Radio Producer. Oh, and she's 32. So aside from feeling inadequate at what she's managed to pack into her life, her talk was so engaging and interesting essentially about the power of saying "yes" rather than "no" as we women are all being told to do. She says that pretty much her entire life has evolved from the opportunities that arose from saying Yes to things, and the positivity that that word brings into her life.

Anzac Biscuits

Monique also shared with us her prize winning Anzac Biscuit recipe. For overseas readers, Anzac Biscuits were sent to troops in WW1, as they keep well (as they had to survive a 2 or 3 month transit to the front line in Europe). I made a batch yesterday, and they are delicious.




In line with the Anzac theme, I watched the ABC series that started on Sunday night "Anzac Girls" about the nurses that went to the front lines in WW1. While the series is excellent (fictionalised, but based on the letters and real life stories of 6 of the nurses from that war), I had difficulty suspending belief, as the entire thing was shot in Adelaide and surrounds… so a building that is supposed to be in Cairo was entirely recognisable to me as the historic house Carclew, and when they were up on the balcony supposedly admiring the view of Cairo, I was instead just mentally seeing the view of the Adelaide Oval and city. Much of the tea house and garden scenes are shot in the Botanic Gardens, with the beautiful Victorian Palm House serving as the tea house. Mr AV then asked me if the Botanic Gardens usually do afternoon tea there, as it looked so pleasant (sadly, no it doesn't… it's usually just a palm house).

The Palm House in the Botanic Gardens, doubles as a tea room

In between travel, dinners and teas, we've had several bouts of the Plague descend on the house. I have spent a lot of time at home as a consequence, which is not entirely a bad thing. In between nursing duties for my sick brood, I've been making progress on the Library bookcase design and drafting, and filling in some of the other blanks in the house and garden.


Finally, the swimming pool has been approved by the local Council. This has taken more than twice as long as the entire extension took to approve. I'm not sure entirely why - one part was going through the Heritage department I gather, which seems overkill given that the pool is in the back garden and not visible from the street. With approval finally arriving, it's been full steam ahead this week, with the approval granted on Monday, and the digger rolling in on Wednesday. We now have a large hole in the back garden. The concreting will be done at the end of next week.

We were in Sydney a few weeks ago, and I took the opportunity to do a speedy 5 minute shopping detour into Parterre in Woollarah, where I bought these spouts for the pool (I had already sussed it out on the net at home). They're going on a wall at the back of the pool spouting water into the pool and are made of aged bronze. I rather like them as they go with the new/old mix I've tried to achieve with the back of the house. When I hauled them back to our apartment (they are extremely heavy) and unwrapped one excitedly to show Mr AV he commented that it looked a bit like a "big droopy d***" (less polite term for looking a little phallic). The 8 year old was in the room when this judgement was passed, and of course he fell about laughing hysterically… so I suspect now that my beautiful bronze spouts will forever be thought of as being something else by the males of the house. So sad…!


Ours is the largest...

Not a lot of other progress on the garden front - the side garden was planted out and I've heavily pleached the trees. In the back garden the lawn has taken root, but we have been waiting for the pool to start before more work is done. A few plants were put in, but there's a lot to still go.




MyPlant Torture bible

So exciting times with the pool finally underway. We've been intending to put one in since we first moved in 3 years ago, however we kept pushing it back due to costs on the renovation of the house and wall. So finally having work start on it seems quite miraculous. Of course with this starting my mind already turns to the next project to tackle… the ugly shed that is standing out like a sore thumb. But that will take another year or so before I start the lengthy Council approval process on that.

Hope you have a good weekend

51 comments:

  1. That's so funny about the tap….because when I recently took my husband tap shopping 99% of the spouts were dismissed with the EXACT same observation…..so do you reckon there is a trend going on that we haven't cottoned onto yet????

    your chocolate tart looks scrumptious and how marvellous to be able to get back into dinner parties again…

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too funny that your husband was vetoing the taps on that same basis… one track minds maybe??
      It's so nice to be able to have people over and enjoy it Virginia!! Entertaining has always involved a lot of tidying up/ shuffling around/ making do, and it was so nice to just set the table and make the food and there being no fussing around.

      Delete
  2. Heidi,
    Your home is quite lovely and like how you arranged the candles for the dinner party (btw: good for you on dimming those dining room lights...welder's helmets do have a way of discouraging lively conversation). That is a very interesting painting you have with the tortoise, monkey, and meerkats.
    Loving the Oscar de la Renta dress and it fits you like glove.

    **I have never heard the word "pleach" before so your post also quite educational.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laughing at the welding helmet connotation…! We love the painting - the children have each picked out a meerkat that they think is themselves. I am the tortoise, with everyone sitting on me. My husband is the monkey with the phone.
      The oscar dress may need a nip and tuck up the top, but I think I can get away with it a little looser, so I may leave it. Leaves room for seconds at dinner.

      Delete
  3. I always do buffet style bc I am embarrassed to ask the host for more! The lighting is indeed ambient and very flattering to all! Ottolenghi is just great and before he was world famous he was local famous as being the best caterer and I love how his recipes are true and taste like stuff he makes. Those taps are hilarious - I didn't notice until I read on further!! I must really ebay - can't believe you found that on ebay?! House, garden looks great and the pool will just cap it off suitably. Imagine all the pool parties! I would take my own pool over local world acclaimed masterpiece filled museums but don't tell anyone! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Buffet's quite a nice way of making a meal a little less formal. Encourages mingling and trying new things too. You're so LUCKY to have the Ottolenghi mothership near to you! My only claim to fame was that Gabriel Gate (Australian French Chef) used to live in Adelaide when he was starting out, and would cater for my Mum (and others). I can remember him feeding my sisters and I bits and pieces in the kitchen while he was cooking a dinner party.
      Ebay is a source of all sorts of good stuff. I've also bought a Carolina Herrera silk coat (evening) for $200 recently. Looks brand new too. There's no money if you sell your stuff on there, but buying is another matter!
      Well, maybe you'll do that basement pool one day?? The kids are so excited it's finally going in. We've been promising them for so long I think they'd given up hope...

      Delete
    2. right that's it - am trawling ebay from now on!

      Gate!! I remember him - I used to watch him on those morning shows!

      Delete
    3. I often see Gabriel Gate when I stay down the coast at friends beach house. He frequents the same cafe for breakfast. Last time I spied to see what he had for breakfast. Toast with raspberry jam! Heidi your home is looking absolutely gorgeous - it’s all coming together. I follow on insta but can’t comment because I’ve forgotten my password. Love your bedroom with that bay window and all the blue tones.Love a buffet - I always use the sideboard and just let people go for it. Then people can eat what and how much they want. Tonkath

      Delete
    4. Oh and the tap… of course you had to get the largest! Love it.
      Tonkath

      Delete
    5. Thanks Tonkath - so funny you've forgotten your password… I have the same one for almost everything (except online banking), which means that when you get a breach of password security, like recently happened on Ebay, I have to go and change absolutely everything else!! So frustrating.
      I've been meaning to do a bedroom post, but I still don't think of it as particularly finished. Maybe I should just post it anyway.

      Delete
  4. The quality of the food must've been great...love it when the males go back for more, to me it's a seal of approval for the cook. Well done!
    Adelaide's long, hot summers means your pool will be a well used and wonderful component in your garden.
    p.s. would you think I'm awful if I agreed with your husband?
    Linda C.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Linda, now he's said it, it's the only thing I think when I look at them too!! Totally ruined for me!
      The pool will get a lot of use, so glad it's finally started.

      Delete
    2. Oh dear - must admit I couldn't stop laughing. As soon as I looked at the picture after reading your husband's opinion - it was all I could think of!
      But everything is looking stunning: the dining room, table, side garden and the start of the pool. So good the permission has finally come through so it will be ready for the warmer weather (no sign of that here yet - still v cold). That chocolate tart looks superb! Such artistry! Dress is super! Look forward to seeing a pic of the silk coat - and the bedroom. Pammie xx

      Delete
  5. Laughing here over your husband's comment, how funny! Things are looking gorgeous at your house and I really like the way you entertain, buffet style is best, bringing plates out puts all the pressure on the host and makes one feel like the waitstaff, which for me generally leads to stress and then crying.
    I adore your new-to-you dress. We are on the same page as I have been scoring some designer goodies recently. I did a search for Dolce and Gabbana frocks on ebay after realizing I'll never be buying one from Net-A, and found two, both for under $90US. They arrived and are beautiful, one is wool, corseted, lined in silk, the other a silk linen also lined in silk with a nipped waist silhouette, to the knee etc. Really perfection and as you mentioned they seemed unworn.
    Have a wonderful weekend Heidi!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agree with you on the waitstaff thing - I feel enough like the housekeeper/ personal slave most days to the family, I definitely don't want to keep that feeling when I'm supposedly relaxing and seeing friends!
      You pick up such great bargains Dani! I always loved that Chanel suit of yours. I think when you like quality clothes, eBay can be such a good source for it. There's no way I'd buy those things new, and often the discounting isn't deep enough on The Outnet etc to justify a purchase either. Can't wait to see your new purchases x

      Delete
  6. Fantastic that you have some movement finally in the pool department. The dinner party looked great. Glad you enjoyed the talk by Monique. Her parents are family friends and we have known Monique and the rest of the family since they were toddlers. They are all lovely people with great senses of humour! The dress looks fabulous on you Heidi but I think you would look good in anything! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm almost in disbelief that the pool has actually started L! Hope yours is moving full steam ahead. That's so funny you know Monique well - that's Adelaide for you, it's all 2 degrees of separation! She seemed lovely - so warm and so positive.

      Delete
  7. Tap!!!!

    NIce salads.

    Luff Ottolenwhatsy.

    Pastry cheat. I like it!

    House looks so good x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know you're fond of cheating and cutting corners too. Better to entertain than not because it all becomes too much. Ottolenghi is so good!! such delicious things, so easy, and love his collaborative approach to Jerusalem.

      Delete
  8. I decided not to buy any more cookery books for a while as we have far too many but your chicken and lamb dishes sound so tasty that I may just have to buy a couple more! I remember my Mum used to make Anzac biscuits when we were children and I shall definitely make some very soon using this Blue Ribbon recipe as yours look perfect! The new Great British Bake Off series started this week and the theme happened to be biscuits. You just can't beat home-made.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can definitely recommend the Ottolenghi ones miss b, and the Anzac biscuit recipe is a winner - despite them keeping for a few months, my batch lasted less than 24 hours.

      Delete
  9. Lovely dress, and I like the belt you chose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bmore Bungalow - I was asked by one of my friends if the belt was in fact Chanel, I think I originally bought it 12 years ago from the Country Road outlet shop in Richmond, so it's been a good buy!

      Delete
  10. I am loving that dress with the silvery tip of those shows, how elegant. Gosh your table looks amazing. So love how you entertain, making sure you are free to enjoy things when the guests actually arrive. So often here in the US, people are cooking and arranging all through the proceedings.
    The food looks glorious - just gave that jerusalem book to one of my friends, maybe I should give it to myself.
    One of my friends who moved to LA say people eat and drink absolutely nothing there. They will have one sip of wine and leave half their plate while she and her husband walk up to the buffet a couple of times to fill their plates again (I'm like that too esp with chicken.)
    I miss Anzac and all the biccies they have downunder. You house is looking superb, Nothing like a dinner party to give you a deadline is there?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been to dinner parties like that Jody, and vowed never to do it myself - if you're not actually there for most of the dinner, what is the point? Sometimes a simpler meal is better than something complicated and 'restaurant' style… I have a friend who has served up a lasagna at a dinner party. She isn't a great cook (so she says), and figures it's better to entertain than not, and she makes a good lasagna so serves that up. Of course the other extreme is that Sandra Dee woman with her prepackaged everything and tablescapes (I remember watching in complete fascination her show when we were staying in New York for a month years ago).
      You should definitely get the Jerusalem book - would really suit California living. That's so depressing that people don't eat in LA. Why demonise good food?? They're probably eating some awful diet thing at home that's full of egg whites or something.

      Delete
    2. LA entertaining must be so discouraging for newcomers! Why do people go to dinners if they hardly eat or drink! My favourite guest was English, in Cambridge. He enjoyed the dessert so much he asked permission to lick the serving dish! He did too! There was something so charming about his enthusiasm. But I think only the son of a lord would have had the aplomb to do so, especially as we hardly knew each other at that point. But we're still great friends years later. How could you not love someone who enjoyed your meal that much! Pammie xx

      Delete

  11. Dear Heidi,
    So much to love in this post. Really getting a feel for your wonderful home. It seems to tick all the boxes for a amazing space for your kids but having some wonderful 'grown up areas' too. Just so lovely!
    I too am a fan of Ottolenhi for entertaining and am in fact doing his slow cooked lamb tomorrow for lunch with some friends. Luckily my daughter has down too so she is taking care of dessert for me and is a great fan of the Careme pasty. She will be chuffed when I tell her it is from "Radelaide.
    Your Oscar D dress looks divine. I used to buy quite a bit from EBay but got burnt too badly so has had a bit of time away. Hearing of your bargains has encouraged taking a look again.
    Good luck with the pool!!! We put ours in 3 year after building and it was more than a night mare. When they poured the concrete and it was curing we had the most rain ever recorded and it nearly popped out and sailed away!
    We also tragically had one of our dogs escape thanks to the workmen not putting the temporary fence back so it was not the happiest of times BUT we have had years of pleasure out of the pool nevertheless. I like your spouts but I am thinking more elephant trunk like rather than droopy male appendages.
    I watched Anzac Girls and said to my sister "That's Carclew'! Such an iconic Adelaide building and believe it or not I used to play in the grounds on the way home from school as a dare and fondly remember going to a kids festival their and climbing to the top of the turret!
    KateBx


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly what I said about Anzac Girls!! Most of Adelaide will have some association with the house, either driving past it or going to one of the youth things that are held there now…
      So sad about your dog and the pool - that's why we don't have a dog at the moment, and I'd dearly love to have one, but think it's best to wait until the fences are secured. Ebay can be tricky - size and the non return aspect can be difficult, but I've mostly had good experiences. Buying from the professional sellers (like the consignment resellers) is often a good idea as they are more professional in their approach.
      Your lamb sounds very yum - I'll have to go and look it up. I love anything that is prepared in advance and you get to relax and enjoy the lead up, rather than frantic cooking at the last minute. Enjoy the lunch! x

      Delete
  12. heidi, I have been so absent and SO much has happened. THe place looks amazing. As does the dress, the dinner, the taps (dare I say it) OMG I will have to go back and read every post since I started counting down Hanworth. Congrats - it really is beautiful. I only discovered Ottolenghi last year in London (don't know why it took me so long) their salads are to die for and, naturally, i ordered the cook book on Amazon rather than carry it home. But with Hanworth and everything going on, Have not tried even one recipe. You have inspired me - onwards and upwards. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much HIH! Sometimes it feels like things move very slowly around here, so it's nice to hear you can see the difference. Especially given the impressive speed of your rebuilding works. I love the salads in the Ottolenghi cookbooks. Just delicious - and easy!! I think you have every excuse however that you've not cracked open the cookbook yet. You've had just a little going on!

      Delete
  13. That dress- you clever and stylish thing!
    I like your approach to dinner parties and love ottolenghi!
    Am a fan of partial cheating cooking wise.
    Thanks for reminding me re the ngv exhibit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cilla! Very pleased with my new bargain dress!! Dinner parties need to be easy. No one wants to not see the host, and if you make it too hard for yourself you'll never do it. Def go see the NGV exhibit, it's a really good one.

      Delete
  14. Your dinner party look really lovely Heidi - yummy looking food and your table styling is very nice too. What side dishes did you serve with the lamb and chicken? Love Bottega Rotolo - can always find lots of unique goodies in there. Good work with the eBay dress - there can be some real bargains on eBay. I haven't started watching ANZAC Girls yet - have recorded last week's episode and have set my DVD recorder for tonight's episode - hope to catch up during the week. Looking forward to seeing Carclew, et al. Still laughing at Mr AV's comment about the droopy .... !! Have a great week Heidi. Jo xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There was a salad that was dates, baby spinach, dates, almonds and spanish onion, one that had roasted cauliflower, pomegranate seeds, celery and one that was my own invention - slow cooked veggies with fetta, baby spinach and quinoa (instead of couscous for a gluten free option - couscous was also served with the mains). I'm looking forward to tonights episode - so far they've filmed it in the same spots, so I'm interested to see if they branch out to other locations!! x

      Delete
  15. Love your style , tips and thoughtfulness! You are such a good writer and and so generous with all the ideas you share. Thank you so much as a fellow design , fashionista afficianado I

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your blogff to eBay for wedding outfit, thanks to your inspiration. iPad has disjointed my comments

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too funny with the disjointed ipad comments - I hate using anything other than my laptop, as I suffer fat finger syndrome, as well as unexpected results from hitting return and posting things by mistake! Glad I have inspired you to check out eBay - I'd suggest going for the higher end. I've found cheaper brands can still sell for a lot of money relative to the original retail price strangely. Good luck!

      Delete
  17. Not knowing Adelaide I didnt realise Anzac Girls was shot in Adelaide till the credits.. I did wonder how all those linen collars and white tents kept so clean in a desert . It was certainly art directed within an inch of it's life.

    Ah back to Woollahra , a Woollahra girl is in the news here, very sad situation.

    Your dress is great, and won't go out of style.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This week Parliament House doubled as the Cairo general hospital. It's very hard to suspend belief. The Greek island looked like they were in the middle of the Adelaide hills.
      Saw the news about that sad situation. Addiction spares no one unfortunately.

      Delete
  18. Heidi I have a special favour to ask.... Would you mind please asking your landscaper where he got that gravel from and what is it called?! I have now been to 3 places trying to find it without much luck! Everything is either too white or too big or too sharp! I would be so grateful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll check with him and get back to you - might be a week though as we're not actively doing landscaping works due to the pool starting. Will post the answer here once I know!

      Delete
    2. Thank you! I'll check back here next week! Xb

      Delete
    3. Hi, sorry it's taken longer than I meant to - the landscaping has only just resumed. It's called Stonyfell Screed 14mm (I think). It's about $90/tonne. Hope that helps!

      Delete
    4. Thank you!!!!!

      Delete
  19. Well this post made me giggle.
    "Ours is the biggest" DOT DOT DOT, Could have said left most but you didn't LOL.

    I am loving the garden! LOVING. I bought a topiary book a few years back but it was rubbish. Didn't have the practical information in it that I wanted. So does pleaching just involve (with a new plant) cutting the side shoots off with saceturers below the height that you want?

    Can I ask, What is stopping weeds and grass growing through the gravel? Always wondered.

    Looking all so lovely. I really liked your table setting. beautiful. I would like a set of nice glass ware but scared of breakages. Guess I should just stick with easily replaced cheap and cheerful but lacks character.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Get the topiary book I've shown here - it's probably out of print but you should be able to find a copy on the secondhand websites. It's very how-to. Pleaching is taking out the lower branches, but then you can go a step further and train them on wires at the upper level (a bit like espaliering). I'm going to have a go at it.
      Nothing is stopping the weeds and grass, except that they have a fair way to get through as the gravel is quite thick, so it acts like a mulch in suppressing weeds. I'll get a few I guess, but not that many.
      My wine glasses are just Wheel and Barrow. Easy to replace!

      Delete
  20. I've been waiting for the dinner party post - this is fabulous. I love the setting and the style of gathering. I've no doubt that your guests had a wonderful time. I love doing supper parties at our flat but happy to confirm that we will not be doing any more here for a while as we have finally exchanged today after nearly 6 months on the Buckinghamshire house... and there is a lot of work to do before I have any dinner parties there! I need to start that blog so that I can get though thoughts on all the renos I'll be doing. I'm on leave at the moment and spent the last week up and down the King's Road, Design Centre and Fulham road getting inspiration.
    I love the Oscar - so chic. I have not bought by ebay before but will keep it in mind. I guess you have to be pretty comfortable with your size, etc. I still adore the two Oscar dresses I got on the NAP sale Jan 2013 and wear they a lot.
    Your comment about the spout is wonderful - that will keep your family in giggles for many years to come!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a great night with the Dinner Party. Now I just have to book a few more in - I can't believe how fast the year is flying! HOW EXCITING that you've finally exchanged Charlotte!! You must be so relieved. And so exciting that a new chapter of home decoration is opening up. Please start up a blog on it, I'd love to see what you're planning to do. So jealous at your ability to go to the Mother Ship (Chelsea Harbour) whenever you need design inspiration! Although it's so big it can be overwhelming. Enjoy!

      Delete
  21. Heidi - had the exactsame thought with Anzac Girls - loved the show, couldn't beleive the palm house was in Cairo though.

    "Deadline Gallipolli" just finished fiming down south, not sure if I will be able to enjoy it if I can recognise Norlunga in the background!

    House and garden looks fab!

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too funny you're finding the same problem with Anzac Girls Sarah! Parliament house was not convincing me as a hospital, and we've been speculating on where the Greek Islands are located. I suspect somewhere near Aldinga.
      Slowly getting there with the garden… it's been a painfully slow process!

      Delete
  22. I love your dress!

    The house and garden look fantastic.

    SSG xxx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Architect & Interior Designer. Mother of three. A sometimes Cook, Baker, Reader, Gardener, Fashion Lover, Renovator, Writer of random things in South Australia email me on anadelaidevilla@bigpond.com
Powered by Blogger.

Follow by Email

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

Things to read....

.